Our Objectives and Values
Education is more than being in the classroom. At the Kite Project we recognise that
pupils need a varied approach to learning. Not all learners are the same and at the Kite Project we aim to provide bespoke packages to those learners that find the school environment difficult to
We aim to improve pupils:
- Self Asteem
- Self Worth
- Increase engagement with Education as a whole
- Improve their Life Skills so that they become valued members and contributors
- Working with others
- Soft Skills
- Increase in School Attendance
- At the Kite Project we understand that
every young person is different.
- We will provide a bespoke package that
builds on the strengths of the young person and which identifies areas for development.
- The young person will play a significant
role in shaping their package.
- The cost of any of our bespoke packages
is £92 per young adult per day.
- Please note: Schools will be charged on a
6-week block, before commencing placement.
- The Kite Project however, does not
accept responsibility for transportation of any young persons to and from their school and our provision.
What does a typical day look like?
- We welcome the young people to our
provision, where they will meet the leaders and other young people. They will make and eat their own breakfast – working on their life skills of cooking, money management, getting along with others
- After eating breakfast together, they will
carry out a short group exercise – with a focus on PSHCE.
- They will then go out on their
- Upon returning to the provision the young
people will carry out a self assessment – where they will have an opportunity to reflect on their learning and identify opportunities for further development.
- They will then be collected from the
provision and returned to their educational setting or home.
Here At The Kite Project, the Sky's the Limit